Monday, July 2, 2012

Monday Randoms

The big news for me this weekend was that I completed my 50,000 word novel for Nowrimo. (I'll be blogging more about that tomorrow - stay tuned!) In the flurry of activity to try to get that done, I haven't been doing very many things that are interesting to write or read about. But, here are a few things that have been on my mind:
1. Sweeter
I heard this song on Friday night on my way home and it bounced around in my head for almost the entire weekend. When I looked up the lyrics, I was a little disappointed to read that this is about stealing another guy's girlfriend. Oh well - the melody is super catchy!

2. Gossip Girl
 Those of you who know me in real life know that I have recently become slightly obsessed with Gossip Girl. I've never watched it on live television, sticking to watching old seasons on Netflix. However, I'm totally enjoying it. I think its an awesome cross between Mean Girls and Sex and the City. If you were into either one of those, check it out! 
3. Logic!
This week, I had the chance to go into Barnes and Noble, shopping for a gift for a friend. I took a look through the clearance book section and found this one! Yes! I feel like there are always tons of books of crosswords and sudoku, both of which I love, and even more frequently, word searches. But my abiding passion is logic puzzles, which are the ones with the clues and the little grids you can fill in. This will be a great brain fitness challenge. Keep up the good work, B&N!

No comments:

Post a Comment