Wednesday, July 25, 2012

For once...

Today is a special day. It's Willow's birthday! And, for the first time since I met her in 2002, I'm ready in advance! I made her a necklace and sent it off last week. I hope she's already enjoying it. I thought I'd share a few pictures with you. Willow has always worn lots of jewelry and was doing statement necklaces before anyone else I knew. I figured I had to come up with something bold to fit in to her jewelry wardrobe. Looking at the finished product, I realize it's not as bold as some of her other things, but it's still probably the boldest thing I've made.

I found this cool pendant on a clearance shelf a couple of months ago and had to take it home with me. I knew it would be just right for Willow.
It took me a while to decide what kind of beads would complement this piece and work with Willow's style. It was a bit of a miracle when I ran across this collection of beads at JoAnn.
So, I laid them out on the design board to make sure they were centered.
I strung them onto beading wire and attached the clasps. Ta da!
And here's a quick close up of some of the beads, to give you a better sense of the color gradation:
I hope Willow likes it!

I made these birthday cards for Willow and Marigold, the other summer birthday among our group of college roommates. I bought the cards as part of a big pack earlier this year and then printed the messages with my computer and laser printed. Good work, Gartner Studios!

No comments:

Post a Comment