Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Arranging flowers

Unfortunately, this isn't a post about fanciful arranging of exciting fresh flowers. Instead, it's sort of a Dude get on that already project that's just been lingering. I had some faux flowers that needed re-arranging, and this weekend I finally took the time to do the project.

I started with this:
There are flowers in this bottle whose stems were folded up because I had been unable to clip them. I bought myself some floral wire cutters, which is something I should have done ages ago.
Here is a shot of the flowers with the bent stems. Ick. The new wire clippers are to the left.
Yes! Yes! Yes!
Next step: add the sand. The sand had previously been in a different vase, which is now filled with the clear glass marbles in the bag on the table.
Here's the finished product in its home!

In tandem with this project, I also clipped and refilled flowers in a different vessel:
It started like this...
I clipped those bent up brown stems and removed the sand.
After having rinsed out the vase, I tossed in the glass pebbles.
And ta da! Here is the finished product. I like the shiny texture of the glass pebbles instead of the sand.

Overall, this wasn't a huge project, but it's one I've been meaning to get to for quite some time. With regards to whatever you've got hanging around at your house, I'll say this: Dude, get on that already!

No comments:

Post a Comment