Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Daffodil Days

Recently, my office participated in Daffodil Days, a fundraiser for cancer research. While I do love daffodils, which are the prettiest of the flowers my mom grows in her garden, I didn't order any. I love fresh flowers in the house, but I often think of them as a luxury and something I don't need while I'm trying to save.

Imagine my surprise when I got an e-mail from one of my coworkers. He explained that he had ordered a bunch of daffodils (probably to bring home to his lovely wife) but had been traveling for work and likely wouldn't make it back to the office to pick them up. He asked me to pick them up and enjoy them, so I did!

Here they are the night I went to get them:
I know this is a little bit of an odd angle. The flowers were in a bag with no water at all when I went to pick them up. I was actually a little nervous they were past the point of no return, but after I brought them home and put them in the recommended lukewarm water they'd perked up to this point within only about 45 minutes!

Not even 24 hours later, here they are in full bloom:



What a fresh and colorful addition they make to my home. I'm so lucky!

No comments:

Post a Comment