Thursday, May 31, 2012

Thursday Randoms

Alright guys, I haven't done a post in a while that was a collection of random wonderful things. So, here they are in no particular order:

1. MP-3 Player case gets freshened up.

I know I wrote on this blog not long ago about making an I-Pod case. I also have a smaller MP3 player that's much smaller that I take back and forth with me to work every day. While the device had to be replaced after it fell on the ground just too many times, I've actually had the same case since about 2007. I took some time last week to wash it.
Here's a super close-up. I know it's not good-as-new, but it looks awesome compared to what it was looking like before I cleaned it. This bag, which came from J. Crew, was supposed to have a little ribbon tied on as a zipper pull. Almost immediately after I got it, the ribbon fell off, which was fine because it wasn't really doing it for me. I had to have something, though, so I used some mini key rings and attached a charm. The bad new was that the key rings had gotten bent during the process so they sometimes snagged on other things in my bag and they didn't look very good. (This key ring fix was from before my jewelry making days). But, now that I have some idea what I'm doing, I was able to make something nicer. Here's the new zipper pull, attached to the bag:
The charm, which was the original zipper pull, says: Follow Your Heart. Good words to live by.

2. Coral Damask.
A long time ago, I bought a greeting card that I'd always planned to give to a friend. I like the text and love the image. But, lots of occasions have come and gone, and I've realized I'm not ready to part with the card. I figured that, if I'm so into it, I may as well put it on display. I have a spot on a bookshelf in my living room. So, I gathered my supplies...
... which included the card, a piece of cool scrapbook paper, an x-acto knife with cutting mat, and a picture frame that came with a generic 8x10 mat. Then, with a little elbow grease and a little glue, I made this:
The words on the card read:
"The only reason for time is

so that everything doesn't happen at once.:"

Also, good words to live by!

3. Suri's Burn Book
I don't know if you guys have seen this floating around on the internet. Someone out there has created this Tumblr and Twitter account, which is a self-described "Study of Suri and the things that disappoint her." I am almost embarrassed to share this with you, but it makes me laugh out loud every time I visit. I'm so intrigued by stars as parents, I can't help but be fascinated by their off spring. And the idea that Suri would be the princess of Hollywood kids makes perfect sense to me. If you want to check it out, click here .

Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment