I recently read a post over at Apartment Therapy about a tour of a home on a TV show: Tom's apartment from Parks and Recreation. I have only recently begun watching this show on Netflix, and I'm still in the first season. Here's a clip of the tour - sorry that it appears to be someone literally aiming their cell phone at their television set!
A quick run down of the amenities listed: multiple blankets in each room, an entire shelf in the fridge for coconut water, a cheese plate with Adriatic figs that never seems to disappear, the temp set at a constant 80 degrees, unisex cologne and designer eye cream, and a Sudoku book in the bathroom. As Ann explains, there are just amenities everywhere! (For a more complete list of Tom's amenities, you can review the slideshow NBC put together here). Tom's place sounds pretty wonderful to me!
This got me thinking about the "amenities" where I live. To a certain extent, this hit a little close to home because there are some amenities that Tom has, as a joke, that I couldn't live without! These include:
- Blankets everywhere! I have probably 5 in my living room.
- Bath and Body Works hand soap
- All episodes of Friends, on DVD rather than DVR
- Heat constantly set at 70 degrees - it has to be cool to enjoy those snuggly blankets!
- Subscriptions to several news, fashion and home design magazines
- Self-refilling reed diffusers in delicious scents in every room
- Fresh flowers for each room, replaced every couple of days
- A cheese plate and cookie jar that are never empty!