Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Recuperating...

Alright, imagine the scene: A quiet Mother's Day morning at Minnie's tree house apartment. I've woken up 35 minutes before my alarm is due to go off, giving me plenty of time to finish making and wrapping my Mother's Day gift, read some more of my book club book before our meeting later this week, clean up the mess left everywhere after some chaos last week, and time to do some picture taking in the best light my apartment has to offer.

I'm off to a great start: by 9 am: the bedroom is completely picked up, I've done some serious reading, I've done another coat of Mod Podge on Mom's present, and I've taken a couple of photos. I've just put the coffee on and am getting ready to settle in and watch This Week with George Stephanopoulos, so I can catch up on current events. I decide I should have something little to eat, knowing that I'm on the way to brunch in honor of my mom at my parents' house at noon. I open the cabinet door and as I do, my elbow catches on the handle of a knife hanging on the knife rack on the adjacent wall. Know that this knife has been in this position on this knife rack for basically the entire 2.5 years I have lived in this apartment. On Mother's Day, it fell to the ground. I stepped back, but not far enough. OUCH! I zipped off to get a band-aid and some Kleenex. I spent much of the rest of the morning on the couch, having to call in late to brunch because of the injury. While I was able to stop the bleeding when I was sitting on the couch with my foot up, it threatened to start up again whenever I was standing. I managed to get ready and get out the door and arrive only about an hour late. I spent the rest of the day having some trouble walking because I think the knife's impact caused both a cut and a bruise. Yeesh. Work's been a bit of a challenge too, because I do have to walk around inside my office building as part of my job. I'm hoping this won't impact my blogging schedule, but everything seems to be taking longer and I'm tiring out more quickly as a result.

So, why is Gordon Ramsay yelling at you from the top of this page? Because over the weekend, I signed up for HuluPlus! I am spending my recuperation on the couch watching Chef Ramsay and his contestants on old episodes of Hells' Kitchen. While my foot hurts, I couldn't think of a better companion for my recovery!

1 comment:

  1. OMG, that's horrible! Glad it didn't turn out worse than it did! Hope your foot heals quickly.

    ReplyDelete