Thursday, May 17, 2012

HomeGoods

As you may have gathered already, I love T.J. Maxx and Marshalls. I really enjoy going in and poking around to see what kind of awesome treasures I can find. The only thing I love even more than T.J. Maxx and Marshalls is HomeGoods! There isn't one very close to me, so I don't get to go there often. But, late last week, I was traveling for a work function and found myself with a little free time to make a stop at the nearby HomeGoods once we were done for the day. Score!
I especially enjoy the HomeGoods shops that are totally independent of T.J. Maxx because they have even better selection of interesting things for your house. Here are my two big finds from this visit.

1. Craft Bin
I'm sure you're thinking, "This girl makes crafts like a fool, she must already have a bin." You're partly right. I have a number of bins that organize my craft supplies and even a couple of containers for swatches. What I was missing was a bin where I could store yarn crafts that are in progress. Usually, I leave whatever I'm working on sitting on either the armchair, the coffee table, or the couch in my living room. These aren't great habits and also result in me desperately shoving my project into the hall closet when company comes over.
Ta da! This is it. It's round, it has handles, and it's adorable. What more could you want? Oh yeah - a lining so that my projects don't get snagged. It has one of those too!

2. Metro sign
If you read Apartment Therapy even half as often as I do, I'm sure you've seen photos of a home with a vintage, or faux-vintage, sign listing all of the stops on a train line. I'm not familiar with the public transit organization schemes in many cities of the world - especially ones that are featured in these works of art - bu there is one exception: Paris. When I saw this sign, I decided to snap it up!
In addition to representing some of the most famous sights to see in Paris, these destinations have been selected and are laid out in an order that very closely approximates Metro Line 1. (The primary exception is Les Halles, which isn't on Line 1 - but, Les Halles is actually connected with another station, Chatelet, which is.) I know I'm a stickler, or maybe a nit-picker, when it comes to approximating reality when dealing with another country. Even though the materials and the style of this sign clearly don't look like an actual, vintage transit sign, I'm thrilled with it! I'm now looking for the perfect place to hang it up in my apartment and I'm looking forward to sharing photos of that once it's done!

No comments:

Post a Comment