Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Tuesday's Top Five (one day late)

I've decided to do a weekly list of my top five of something. Maybe I'm off to an inauspicious start, since the first one is a day late. Oh well! Maybe next week I can do better. This first installment of Tuesday's Top Five is about my five favorite musicians or musical groups. I love them all so much, they are listed below in no particular order:
1. Keith Urban
I first remember hearing Keith Urban's song, Somebody Like You, while in Norway. Country music is more popular than you'd think over there, and from the first time I heard it, I was hooked. I've loved Keith ever since and have gone with Ginny to see him when he's been through MSP on three different occasions! While he continues to make good music, my very favorite album of his is Be Here. My very favorite song is Days Go By!


2. Jamie Cullum
 I adore Jamie Cullum's music. My good friend, Sunflower, loved Jamie long before I did. Sunflower and I studied together in France, and often listened to Jamie. He has so many excellent tunes, I don't know that I can pick a favorite, but here are a couple:


3. Coldplay

Sunflower also loved Coldplay long before I did. I remember during our first year of college going into her room and hearing Coldplay, but I really wasn't interested in it. In fact, it wasn't until I was listening to Pandora while studying like a fiend during graduate school that I really fell in love. The song was Strawberry Swing! 
And then, there's Rainy Day, which I think might be one of my very, very favorite songs of all time.

4. Harry Connick, Jr.

As I mentioned last week, I love Harry Connick Jr. as a musician. It sometimes seems that he's more interested in acting than music making lately, which is such a shame, because his music is the best. I first really enjoyed listening to his music when I happened upon Oh My Nola at Half Price Books. I'm also crazy about the Star Turtle Album...



5. U2
And last but not least, there's U2.
Their concert at the TCF Bank stadium last summer, in the pouring rain, remains one of my happiest memories of my adult life. I don't know that I could even pick out a favorite song. But, I can say, that when this was the first song at the concert, I started screaming:
And here's another one that always makes me smile!
So lucky to have the music of these Top Five musicians/groups in my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment