Friday, February 3, 2012

My fortune

Quite some time ago, I went to lunch with my work colleagues at our local Chinese buffet. At the end of our meal, we each opened up a fortune cookie. This was mine:

Yes it is! I have worked very hard to create a home that is a nice place to be, and I spend lots of time making sure it continues to be that way. Never before have I had a fortune that was such a perfect fit.

I decided that the best way to honor this good luck was to frame the fortune and hang it up to serve as a constant reminder. Because the print is very small, I knew I needed a spot for hanging where I would see it up close frequently. I chose my office, where I have a number of other fiddly things hung on the wall behind my desk, which seem to me like simply an extension of my memo board. I found a little plastic frame at Michaels for $1.50, pulled out some of my favorite scrapbooking paper, and went to town.

Ta da!


And here's a close-up now that it's hung in its new home:


And a shot of the office wall with the newest addition. This gives a little better idea of the scale of the project.


Well, there it is! It's been a stressful week at work and this was sure a nice way to spend an evening. I could hardly be happier with it or prouder of the home I've created.

No comments:

Post a Comment