Monday, October 1, 2012

Fall's here!

There were times this summer, when it was so hot, or so humid, that I feared it would never end! Don't get me wrong, I love my flip-flops and I miss them already. This summer definitely included some great times! But, when you live in a place with window air-conditioning only, sometimes the beginning of fall is a bit of a relief.

I did three things this weekend that mark summer's end. Doing all of these things at the same time helps me realize that fall is really beginning. I never thought this day would get here!

1. Pumpkin Soap and Lotion:
As you might recall from one of the very earliest posts on this blog, I marked the end of last Christmas season by transitioning to Pear-scented anti-bac soap with a companion Herbes de Provence lotion at my kitchen sink. Now that fall's here, it's time for a change!
Yum! Sweet Cinnamon Pumpkin will be here through Thanksgiving! The only way this could be better is if I had a pump for the lotion. Oh well!

2. Tied Fleece Blanket Reappears:

My very favorite blanket is made from two layers of polar fleece that have been fringed and tied together. During those toasty summer months, I washed it and then shoved it in the closet until cooler temperatures returned. They're back! And so, out came this awesome, cuddly blanket!
One layer is solid turquoise, while the other is a white and red Mod-style floral pattern. Also, you'll notice in this photo that I can wear wilder nail polish colors now that I'm wearing closed-toed shoes to work. And, even though you can't see them, another sign of fall is that while cuddling under this blanket, I'm wearing sweatpants. It's definitely here!

3. Winter Purse:
You also might remember the work I did this summer on my tote bag with the sequined handles. It was great during the warm months because its made out of canvas. But, since I'm not really sweating when I go out running errands anymore, it's time to switch to my winter purse.
See you next summer, Sequins! This Marc Ecko bag and I are going to be tight this winter.

I hope that wherever you are, fall is beautiful and you are enjoying the respite from summer's heat!

No comments:

Post a Comment