Wednesday, October 10, 2012

My life is made of awesome

It's true!
Do you know what this is? It's called the Skid Loader and is a bouncy castle in the form of a piece of construction! Ginny and Harry's son, Mr. O, is just about to turn 3. The Skid Loader made an appearance at his birthday party last weekend. It was a huge hit with the kids - and the adults!

After the lunch was eaten, the cake was cut and the presents were opened, the action at the bouncy castle had died down. With Magnolia and Daisy, I decided it was time for us to make our move. We stole out to the backyard and climbed in, even though we're taller and heavier than the recommended guidelines.

First, we jumped. Or, more accurately, tried to jump. I have no recollection of whether it was difficult to successfully jump in a bounce house when I was little, but it sure is difficult now. It requires more effort than I was expecting to actually jump high enough to get my feet off the ground (which I know they aren't in this picture). That, coupled with trying not to fall over or crash into anyone else, made it pretty difficult. When you add on top of all of this the fact that I was laughing so hard I could barely breathe, this was definitely the best workout I've had in a while!

Once the jumping was just too much, we collapsed to the ground and stayed there!

This was the view of a perfectly clear, slightly chilly jump weather:
I know it might be hard to tell from these pictures, but it was really a perfect afternoon! I suppose having three grown women in a bounce house is not the kind of activity that lends itself to easy photographic recording. But, it was still the most fun I've had in a while. My life is definitely made of awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment