Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Revenge

One exciting thing about the coming of fall is that new seasons of our favorite TV shows are on in new episodes! Sweet! One hidden gem, though, about these new seasons is that there are new-to-Netflix old seasons available for streaming. Hooray!

One show that I was especially excited to see had joined the Netflix lineup is Revenge, on ABC. Last season, this show aired on Wednesday evenings and I could never watch it. This season, it will be airing on Sunday evenings, another time I can't really watch it. But, luckily, I was able to get caught up with the entire first season on Netflix!


I won't go into too many details about this show because it's totally plot driven and I don't want to ruin the surprise. But, I will say, YOU SHOULD WATCH IT! The main character, Emily, returns to her childhood home to seek revenge against those who had her father wrongfully imprisoned for a terrorist act he did not commit. The show is like an awesome combination of Gossip Girl, CSI, and Sex and the City. There are some funny moments and lots of suspenseful ones. There are also beautiful clothes and scenery and all of the other stories that go along with people living a life of privilege.

At first, I worried that this show was going to be too much like Damages, another great show, which I enjoy but sometimes have difficulty following. On Damages, the plot is so intricate and moves so quickly that I often won't even watch it while knitting for fear of missing something important. The nice thing about Revenge is that it moves a little bit slower - for me, the perfect speed. I can follow the twists and turns even if I do take my eyes away from the screen every once in a while. Highly recommend it!

No comments:

Post a Comment