Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Believe

One thing that's made blogging a bit of a challenge over the last several weeks is that I'm dealing with the health issues that came up during my hospital stay. I'm happy to report that a lot of stuff that had previously been "up in the air" got nailed down last week. I'm going to have surgery on November 15. I'm a little nervous about it - and about getting the insurance company to cover it - but I feel so much better now that we've got a plan. Now that there's a destination, all I have to do is walk the path and follow the steps.

While I was in the hospital, I dreamed of getting out and visiting my local independent bead shop, the Bead Monkey. I'd stopped there earlier in the summer to get supplies for a project for a friend, and while I was trapped in the hospital, I wanted nothing more than to get out and go for a stroll. (I'm sure one of the reasons I was dreaming of this bead shop is that its just a stone's throw from the hospital, and by halfway through my stay, I really wanted to leave). While all of this uncertainty about my future treatments was pending, I made a stop at the bead store. I found this charm and knew right away that I had to have it:
This picture is definitely larger than life size! My next step was to find a chain so that I can wear this necklace whenever I need to have a little extra faith.

I bought the very finest diameter chain I could find at Michaels. I then got it home and struggled like a beast to get a jump ring through the end loop. And... it looked ridiculous!
Yeah - ick! Not the look I was really going for. So, back to Michaels I went, where I dug up some smaller jump rings. The bad news? I still had to struggle like a beast to get the smaller jump ring through the link on the chain. The good news? It's definitely less comical!
The easy part was adding the charm to the chain with another of these teensy jump rings. Here's the finished product!

And now, here I am, ready with a little extra dose of faith today!

No comments:

Post a Comment