Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Travel by Plane

Nope, don't get excited: I didn't go anywhere. I did, however, acquire a new piece of artwork for my living room that makes me think of travel!

If you read this blog regularly at all, you've probably seen a picture like this about a million times.
Ever since I rearranged this part of the living room - following the addition of the red chair - I've felt like something is missing. It didn't take me very long to realize there is a hole in the gallery wall, just to the right of the "Actions Speak Louder Than Words" canvas. I spent several months thinking about what I might like to put there to fill it in, but it wasn't until a recent trip to my newly re-opened World Market store that I became really inspired.

 Ta da! I found this faux-vintage metal sign and decided it was just the right shape and featured the perfect colors. The fact that it's covered with French writing is just a bonus!

This image is meant to replicate an advertisement, probably for TWA, encouraging potential customers to "Travel to Switzerland by plane." Sounds good to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment