Friday, September 28, 2012

FD: Dining Room

As spontaneously as my technical difficulties began, they have now resolved themselves! I wish I understood what happened to make it better, but unfortunately, I'll just have to live in ignorance and hope it doesn't happen again. Without further ado, let's get to this week's installment of the First Draft tour!
Next up in the tree house apartment: the Dining Room!

Here's a shot of the dining room from the living room. It's actually pretty small - the only way this table even fits in here is with the chairs moving towards the corners.

 Here's a view of the table and the window with a little better view of the art next to the window.

 This view is from the back corner of the dining room, near the light switch, looking towards the window and the living room.
 This is the same as the first picture, except the light is turned on. The only thing I don't like about it is the shadows on the walls from the chairs. I think those shadows are coming from the natural light from the window. I might have to try taking this same photo at night.

 Here's a close-up of the art on the wall next to the window. Unfortunately, I've not come up with a way to get this shot without a reflection in the umbrella poster...

Here's a shot of the back wall, which is shared with my neighbor across the hall. This is another one where the glare is pretty terrible. 
 
 This is the wall shared with the kitchen. From the dining room, this little wall is on the left of the doorway and is closest to the living room. The frame says Norway in Scrabble letters and contains three postcards I bought while in Norway. The plate features scenes from Hastings.

 These two plates are from Pier One and the trivet is an antique I got on a trip to Duluth.

 This is the view out the dining room window down to the lawn. The cranes in the distance are still here as the road construction project continues!

No comments:

Post a Comment