Wednesday, September 19, 2012

FD: Living Room

Next on the First Draft tour of my apartment is the living room! This is the view when you enter the living room from the hallway.
Here's the floor plan so you can get oriented. It's definitely a weirdly-shaped room, but I'm very happy with the way the furniture is arranged!

This is the view from the dining room. It is a little strange to have an angled wall, but I think it works!

This is the corner that I initially planned to be my spot to read - before I got my new (to me) red chair! This brown faux-Eames chair has been with me since my first year of college. Before that, it was my dad's easy chair when I was a tiny little kid!


This is a view of the futon and the red chair - that's the dining room off in the distance, but you'll have to stay tuned for a better view.

Here's a little vignette view over one of the short maple bookcases. I don't think this view is going to make the cut.

Here's a close-up of the double ladder bookcases that are the focal point of the room.

I also took a few shots with the lamps turned on. Do these pictures look better?

Here's another one with the lights on. I'm surprised by how yellow the shades look - they're normally white (the one closest to the lens) or light beige (the one by the window).

I also took these two pictures (one above, one below) from the same position. The only difference is the camera angle. It seems to me like the one below makes the place look more spacious...

Here's another shot of my reading nook...

This is the bookcase alcove, where the building's corner is located. I like this one, which I took by setting the camera on the floor.

And finally, a shot backwards over the red chair towards the hallway and the apartment door. I hope you've enjoyed this step of the apartment tour!

No comments:

Post a Comment