Monday, April 30, 2012

Birthday! (Part One)

As you may have seen last week, Friday was my birthday! I love my birthday, especially because it gives me a good chance to spend time with friends and family. Last week was a little hectic, with a busy schedule at work and the last minute preparations for my birthday plus that of one of my coworkers, one of my college roommates, and my mom, all is quick succession. But, by the time Friday rolled around, the preparations were nearly done and it was time to begin the fun!

I was lucky to receive many texts and Facebook messages from friends wishing me well on the big day. Some people say that Facebook alienates us from our friends, but I think that's definitely not true on your birthday! Ginny's kids, who I think of a bit like nieces and nephews, also made videos of themselves singing Happy Birthday. They're on my FB page if you want to see them, and they're so cute I cried when watching them at the office! And basically every time since... It made me feel very special to know so many people were thinking of me even though we weren't together!

My awesome co-workers took me out for lunch at my favorite spot - Davannis! We enjoyed hoagies, Parmesan Garlic kettle chips and the world's coolest Coke machine. They also gave me a present which was truly perfect!
Jewelry Making Supplies! Given that I made each of them some jewelry when it was their birthday, I guess this was maybe a no-brainer, but it's VERY exciting! I'm looking forward to making some more projects soon.

I had the chance to duck out of work a little early on Friday afternoon, and I definitely took advantage! I headed over to Caribou.
I enjoyed my free birthday drink on the drive home! This was especially important as I was stuck in traffic for ages in some road construction where three lanes were becoming one, adding at least 20 minutes to my trip. Thanks to Caribou, my blood pressure remained in normal range!
I also made a quick stop at Barnes and Noble to pick up another gift for someone else and decided to buy myself a little birthday present. Overly indulgent? Maybe so - the good news is, it was this!
Yippeee! Easy crosswords!!!

In the evening, I had the chance to go out for dinner with two of my dearest friends from grad school. We went to the Macaroni Grill!
Yum! We enjoyed pasta and wine and a set of mini canoli for dessert. It was great to see them and catch up with them. As is common when we get together, we were among the very last people to leave the restaurant that evening. Sorry, waitstaff! When we get to talking, there isn't much to stop us!

All in all, Friday was a wonderful day that made me feel very special. And the fun didn't stop there. I went to bed on Friday night looking forward to Saturday's adventures!

No comments:

Post a Comment