Friday, April 20, 2012

Adore-a-Ball

I know there are lots of other bloggers out there who are devoted to Essie nail polish. For quite some time, I've wanted to try it. Every time I spot their display at Target, I marvel at all of the beautiful shades of light pink. I recently had a coupon for a few dollars off a beauty item over $5 - and because I didn't desperately need anything else, I decided this was the time. I agonized over which shade of light pink would be just right for me. Nothing peachy, because my skin is too pale. Nothing to bright, because I figured something more neutral would show fewer (inevitable) chips. I selected Adore-a-Ball.

Here's a photo of my nails and the polish after the manicure on Sunday afternoon. I did two coats, no base or top - I'm just too impatient for that many steps!
Now, five days later, things are still going well. Chipping has been minimal, and I don't think it's especially noticeable:
Up closer, obviously, it's easier to see, but I'm not too worried about people being much closer than this during everyday social and work situations. If I had some kind of big event tonight, I'd definitely need to redo them! While this look might require more maintenance than my standard clear polish, so far it's been worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment