Monday, March 4, 2013

Monogram Necklace

It seems to me that every time I turn around on the internet (okay... figuratively), I'm seeing a photo posted by another blogger or Pinterest-er of a personalized monogram necklace. In good old Minnesota, I think its safe to say that monogrammed jewelry isn't all that popular. In fact, I can only think of one person I know who has a piece of monogrammed jewelry. Despite the fact that I see her quite frequently, I've only noticed her wearing this piece twice. And her age is approaching 60. I share these little factoids with you mostly so that you can understand why, in addition to my inherent cheapness, I was not about to spend even the $25 it would cost to have a custom monogrammed necklace made, not to mention the exorbitant cost of a piece of fine jewelry.  For a style I'm a little iffy about? Nope.

Score one for J.C. Penney in their deep discounts just before Christmas. Yay!
It even comes in a super cute box. I found it on an awesome sale and decided to snap it up, since, at less than $10, I decided it would be a real find even if I wound up wearing it only occasionally. I could tell right away, as I'm sure you can too, it's not the world's finest piece of jewelry. But again, I was looking for something just to get a little taste of the style. Then, in the midst of recovery, holiday madness, party prep and other general chaos, I stashed it away somewhere. For like 2 months, having pretty much entirely forgotten about it.

I recently rediscovered this little gem while I was trying to do some MUCH needed cleaning and organizing around here (more on that later) and pulled it out. So, for the first time in the 3 months I've owned this swirly monogrammed necklace, I decided to try it out.

It was perfect! As I've written about here before, I'm always worried about store-bought necklaces because they are typically too short because I'm so tall. Not this one! This is pretty much the lowest v-neck I'll wear, and the necklace isn't even adjusted to its longest. Score one for JCP!

No comments:

Post a Comment