It took me a while to find the right flowers to use for this project. I knew I needed to have something with the thinnest possible stem. I also wanted something with a nice, full flower on top to fill out the vase the way I was hoping. Ta da!
I found a solution.
Once I had everything figured out with the right supplies, this project wrapped up pretty quickly. I have plenty of green duct tape left over if I want to make more, but here are my first finished products!
It didn't help a whole lot, but I think it works. Plus, when else am I going to buy a bag of something called, "Great Northern Beans." Seriously - chose them based on the name alone.
And here's the other one, with the white flowers and the eggplant-colored base.
When I chose the flowers, I actually imagined them like this: with the white flowers in the dark red vase, and the pink flowers in the purple vase. I took this photo so I could share with you that the flowers go with both. Yay! I can switch them up at the office if I want to! Now, all that's left to wonder is how long it will be before my coworkers discover that these flowers are actually pens...