Tuesday, March 12, 2013

In the immortal words of Rachel Green...

A funny thing happened to me last night. I made a trip to Super Target, mostly to get groceries and wound up picking up a few other things on my list. After getting home and removing the ingredients for dinner, I pulled out everything else in one handful. And as I held it in my hand, I had this Rachel moment from the episode where she tries to teach Joey to sail: "No I'm not yelling at you, I'm just yelling near you. Oh, I'm my father. Oh my god, this is horrible. I've been trying so hard not to become my mother I did not see this coming." Yes, I had the Rachel realization that somewhere along the way, I had become my dad!

This is what I bought during my Target adventure:
Yep. That's it - three new GE products to capitalize on my electricity!

First, I replaced the bulb in this light fixture which burned out on Sunday night. Believe me, Monday morning was a tough one without a light in the dining room!

I also found a bulb for this lamp, which didn't previously have one. It sure is nice to see it being both decorative and functional.

Finally, I set up this super simple outlet timer. I often fall asleep with the TV on in my bedroom. When I wake up in the morning, my good old CRT TV set is still turned on, as it has been all night long. I've investigated whether it has a built-in sleep timer. But, let's be real here: I've literally owned it since I was about 13 years old. That means I've had it for 15 YEARS, also known as more than half my life. And it's still kicking right along. But, I set the timer up and it appears to be working. Unfortunately, I didn't get a picture for you that could really capture the essence of me plugging this in, trying to turn the TV on and being unable to do so because the outlet's power supply was cut off by the timer unit. But trust me, that's exactly what happened. Hooray! Hopefully my inner Dad can go back into hiding now and I can get back to buying things not manufactured by General Electric!

No comments:

Post a Comment