Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Mixtape #5

I haven't done one of these posts in a looooong time... because that's how long I've been listening to the same music over and over and over again! Yesterday, I sat down in front of my laptop, opened up Google Play and spent all my money. Okay, not all of it, but I feel like I downloaded just a ton of new stuff. And since most of the stuff I wanted is pretty popular, a lot of it was $1.29 instead of the 99 cents I thought was standard. I checked in over at Amazon MP3 to see if their prices were different, and they weren't. Amazon has been my standby for a long time, but I thought I would check out Google Play. I had the inkling that, maybe if I downloaded the music from Play, it would be available for streaming on my phone (using the Google Play Music App). Turns out I was right! The other night, after responsibly pulling over to get the technology working, I listened to my freshly downloaded stuff while driving home by streaming it over my phone. I got to enjoy it while cruising along the freeway before I'd even had the chance to make up my mix. Awesome!

Still, though, there's something to be said for a totally cool mix CD. And I have one, so here it is. Feel free to click on the song name to watch a YouTube video!

1. Gangnam Style by Psy
2. Can't Hold Us by Macklemore
3. No Te Detengas by Wisin y Yandel
4. I Can Only Imagine by David Guetta
5. Don't Stop the Party by Pitbull
6. Pegate Mas by Dyland y Lenny
7. I Love It by Icona Pop
8. Come and Get It by Selena Gomez
9. Hasta que Salga el Sol by Don Omar
10. Numb by Usher
11. Bon Bon by Pitbull
12. Ridin' Solo by Jason Derulo
13. Brokenhearted by Karmin
14. Smiley Faces by Gnarls Barkley
15. Blurred Lines by Robin Thicke
16. Don't Stop 'til You Get Enough by Michael Jackson
17. Call It What You Want by Foster the People
18. Put the Gun Down by ZZ Ward
19. Here I Go Again by Audra Mae

Is this music of your taste? Let's be real: almost certainly, it isn't. At my house, I don't actually call this CD Mixtape #5. I call it "Don't Stop." I picked that name in homage to two of the songs - Don't Stop the Party and Don't Stop 'til You Get Enough by Michael Jackson. Maybe I was thinking to myself, "Don't stop buying songs in Spanish." Let's be real: I don't speak Spanish. I haven't made any effort to learn, and while I enjoy the tunes in Spanish, I have no idea what they're about. And then, only once the name was solid in my mind, did I discover that "no te detengas" means "don't stop" in English. I kid you not! So, that's my motto. Whatever you're doing, keep doing it. Don't stop - no te detengas! Go make a mixtape!



No comments:

Post a Comment