Friday, June 7, 2013

Dream Come True

Although I might not have written much about it here on the blog, I have an abiding love for Adirondack chairs. It's a classic symbol of summer, and of having nothing to do but hang out. Seriously! Who can do work, or eat a meal, or even supervise a kid playing while sitting in one? Nobody. It's a dream of mine to have my own wooden Adirondack chair - and it just came true!

It's red!

Doesn't it look like the perfect place to sit down and read a book? It seems like a GREAT place to spend the weekend!

There's just one problem...
Yeah... those pictures above were a little bit of a trick. I included the mechanical pencil so you could get a sense of the scale. I scored this teensy little chair for $6 at Patina recently. I love it, and I guess it means the dream has come true - though maybe it's better to think of it as a sign that the dream remains unfulfilled but alive!

Along with the flowers, birds, angel, stones, and the lantern - the tiny chair is part of the collection!

No comments:

Post a Comment