Friday, May 3, 2013

Birthday Party!

Last Saturday evening, then, following my day of doing whatever I felt like, I was honored to attend a birthday party thrown in my honor! As has been the case for the last couple of years, Ginny and Harry (and their three little darlings, Miss I, Mr. O, and Ms. M) invited me and the rest of our group of friends from our high school days over to their house.

Here are the kidlets, all decked out in party hats! (Faces have been obscured to protect the very, very innocent!) In the green hat, you'll see little Mr. A who was also a guest at the party. 

Not long after this picture was taken, we adjourned outside to the backyard. The weather in the Minne has been SO rotten pretty much all spring. In fact, the first nice day was the day before my birthday, and on my birthday, the weather was heavenly! Most of the day Saturday, it was 70 degrees and sunny. It was just about the best gift one could ask for. Ginny and Harry made hamburgers on the grill, sweet potato fries and potato salad - the perfect summer menu for the perfect summer day! 

Here's little Mr. A and his mom, Clover, relaxing after we'd eaten a delicious meal! 

And Mr. O with his mom doing the same! 

Before long, it was time to sing Happy Birthday and blow out the candles. 
Miss I and I are ready to go. The cake is actually a grouping of cupcakes in the shape of a butterfly. So cool! Miss I also had invited me to wear her sash that says "Birthday Girl." It's clearly child-sized, so I originally offered to wear it around my neck like a scarf, but she insisted I try it the normal way. It did fit, so I went with it! 

Then, just as we were ready to blow out the candles, the day's only gust of wind came by and took care of it for us. Face palm! (Nice work grabbing this picture - Daisy!)

So, once Ginny got the candles re-lit, Miss I and I were able to blow them out. Awesome! (I know all of these pictures are of kids - I promise - there were other adults at the party too! I wish I'd gotten more pictures of them, but the kiddos are just so darn cute!) 

Once everyone had enjoyed a cupcake (or two... guilty!), it was time for the season's first bonfire! 

I know the pictures don't do it justice, but I'll assure you that it was totally awesome! The air temperature and fire temperature were perfect, and everyone was looking at the stars! 

By 11 o'clock, things had wound down and it was time for me to go home. I got to take with me these beautiful flowers. 
Mr. O, age 3, selected them for me. He was right, they're beautiful! 

I thought you might like to see a picture in the light of day too! 

I was also very fortunate to receive thoughtful gifts from my friends! 
Yay books! They're a classic! As for the Big-Ass Book of Crafts in the foreground... it made me smile, though I already had it at home! 

Luckily, the kind people at Barnes and Noble were happy to set me up with this instead! 
It was seamless. Bigger, better, sASSier! 

I also received some very special crafts made by the tiniest of artists! 
It was complete with a handrawn bag! Both the bag and the blue card inside it have already made it to my office, where they proudly adorn the walls of my cubicle. 

And, even though I had originally thought I would hang the turquoise and red C in the kitchen, I decided this wall needed something whimsical. It was a lot of straight lines and dark colors. Not anymore! I now have this fancy C as a reminder of a wonderful birthday. I am so lucky to have wonderful friends who hosted the party and who attended the party. Thanks a million, you guys. It was awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment