Wednesday, August 22, 2012

80s Kids

Recently, I saw two different TV commercials that I just had to share with you guys. Often, it feels to me like I'm either too old, or too young, to be the target of most ads. But, here are two ads that I am SURE are meant to appeal to the children of the 80s, like myself!

1. Hershey's Drops
Do you recognize this music? Maybe you don't. But you should! This song, Move This, is like the second most popular song by the band Technotronic, which is most famous for the song Pump Up the Jam. Since I love nothing quite like I love my old Jock Jams CDs, this song is close to my heart. In fact, my very favorite Pandora station these days is seeded by Technotronic. Hoorah!

2. Old Navy Jeans
I sure hope you recognize this girl - Jennie Garth of 90210 fame. And you'll never guess who she meets in the hallway at the high school where she is (hopefully) a teacher - BRANDON (Jason Priestley) and DYLAN (Luke Perry)!!! FOR REAL! Seriously. Old Navy must have hired a 28 year old to develop this commercial. The only way this commercial could possibly be better is if it instead starred the cast of Saved by the Bell - with Kelly Kapowski walking down the hall, finding Zack Morris and A.C. Slater. Oh well - a girl can dream!

Enjoy! Hope you don't want to buy Hershey's Drops or Old Navy jeans as much as I do!

No comments:

Post a Comment