Monday, December 23, 2013

DIY Ornaments... YES!

Okay, so on Friday, I told the story of how much of a disaster I encountered when I tried to paint the inside of glass bulbs with glitter paint. (Apparently, it's "super easy" to make them using glitter and floor wax. I heard that like 2 weeks after the fact. Boo hiss.) When I left you on Friday, I had thrown my project in the garbage, it was that much of a disaster.

But, off I repaired to the Bullseye. I exposed myself to some relatively serious risks of identity theft. Nevertheless, Target to the rescue!

Grabbed this multi-pack and fished out four gold ornaments!

Perfection! The next step was to grab the puffy paint that had always been part of the plan for this project.

I then grabbed some old yarn and made a drying cord in from of my living room window. Here they are wet...

... and here they are dry! Hard to tell the difference? Um, yeah. Puffy paint will do that to you! I was able to write "Um Ya Ya" on each ornament.

They have a lovely view of the snow drifting down!

I'd never actually made a plan as to how I was going to wrap up these ornaments to give as gifts. But, it didn't take too long to come up with a plan.

I just decided to display them! I got a less-offensive looking piece of yarn, hung it more tightly, and displayed the Um Ya Ya ornaments next to the coordinating red ornaments that came in the package from Target. When Marigold and Bluebell arrived, the ornaments were on display, so they weren't much of a "surprise," but it was fun that we got to enjoy all of them together during their visit!

1 comment: