Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Lilly

I suppose most of you don't know the story about why I started blogging. I'll tell the abbreviated version right here: sometime in the summer of 2011, I began reading some blogs. Late adopter, anyone? Seriously - I knew what a blog was, I even knew some people who had blogs, but I wasn't a routine follower of any until 2011. The blogs that most captured my attention were those written by women about my age who all characterized themselves as "preppy." It's a little strange, right? I don't think that word has ever in my life been applied to me! (For the curious among you, the prime example of a preppy blog is Monograms and Manicures.)

As I read more, it became clear that Lilly Pulitzer defined this style. I'm not a terribly stylish person - I know this. Nevertheless, I feel comfortable saying that Lilly Pulitzer and her signature fabrics just aren't that popular in Minnesota. It's probably got a lot to do with the weather, and the fact that I'm not a member of a country club, and maybe a little to do with general Nordic plainness, but seriously: I don't think I've ever seen a woman in person wearing a Lilly print. But, the more I see these Lilly prints on the good ol' internet, the more I've begun to realize how pretty and fun they are!

With all of this background in mind, I hope you'll appreciate how excited I was to have something Lilly in my collection!
 I know it might not be what you were imagining when I began this description...

 To have two new items - neither of which can be worn - designed by a well-respected fashion designer...

But, they're here and they're mine and I love them! I guess I probably didn't really need these things, especially the whiteboard. I'm past the dorm room stage. But, as you can see from this one, I did some sweet, cheap damage at TJ Maxx when I collected these pretties. Yippee!

No comments:

Post a Comment