Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Plus

So, a few weeks ago, I bought this...

YAY! I already had a Nook Simple Touch but I decided I was ready to upgrade: internet please!
And this is what it looked like. It's pretty darn awkward to take a picture of something with such a shiny screen, but you get the basic idea.

It worked pretty well, and I was happy. I originally had the idea that having a tablet was going to completely change my life. Spoiler alert: It didn't. It's really very cool, but it didn't live up to the hype (that I produced in my own head.)

Then, after I'd had the nook for less than 48 hours, I noticed a problem. Weird with the frame, right?

I know this picture sucks, but it helps me show what made me realize it was pretty serious. I mean, the frame separated so far you can see light passing through? No thanks. I was able to successfully push down on the frame so it seemed flush with the screen, but before long, it would tend to pop up and separate again. So then I took it back and they gave me a new one.

And it works great. You can see in this picture that the top right corner of the frame is flush with the top right corner of the screen. SCORE!

So, I slid the new one into its snap-on case and it works great. This case is actually a bit like the original folding screen cover for the I-Pad. The design on that one is a little better - this one can be a bit clunky. But the important part is that when the screen cover folds back, you can use it to make a little stand so the device can support itself at a comfortable angle for reading or watching videos. 

There's my blog! And the proof is in the pudding - no flash player, but that's okay. It's still very cool.

After I'd had it for a few days, I decided that the snap on screen cover just wasn't enough. I wanted to be able to shove the tablet in my bag and go. Basically, I wanted to be able to have it with me wherever. It's a little smaller than an I-Pad so finding a sleeve that was the right size was a bit of a challenge. I got this really cute one, which is for a 9-10" tablet, is made by Built NY and cost about $25. Not bad. And how cute do they look together, right? Have tablet, will travel. Hooray!

No comments:

Post a Comment