Thursday, February 13, 2014

Christmas came late!

I've written a lot about Christmas - and now I'm going to write about it just a little more. On Monday of this week, out of the blue, I received Christmas gifts from two friends. And since I'm really excited about them, I just had to share.

At work, one of my officemates returned from maternity leave. And she brought me a Christmas gift - woo hoo!
 Maybe she thinks I smell bad... or maybe she thinks that I love things that smell really good. Check! (Also, sometimes my apartment does smell bad, mostly because its an apartment with no real ventilation system. Score!)

 She got me some wax cubes to go along with it - these are, of course, essential to the wax warmer. The "golden butterscotch pear" sounds a little weird, but it smells really good!

 Each of the boxes above contains 6 little cubes of wax. You can just break one off using your hands, so I did it. I wanted you guys to see! The lid of the warmer has a little rubber seal around it, so you can push and pull the top of the warmer off easily.

I was worried the lid wouldn't fit over the top, since I broke the cube off a little unevenly. But, it fit right on, and I flipped the switch. We're in business!

She told me she knows that turquoise is one of my favorite colors, so I just had to show you guys this. I think it looks like it has been here all along!

On Monday, I was very excited to come home and set up the wax warmer. I got a little delayed setting it up, though, because I discovered a package at my door when I got home! It was mailed from Bluebell, in Michigan, and I couldn't wait to look inside.

She sent these sweet notecards! (Handy for writing my after-Christmas thank you notes, right?)

The presents were wrapped in this super cute paper. Love!

She also sent this glue gun. Woo hoo! This picture might actually be larger than life size, but that's how excited I am about it. For a while, I've wanted a glue gun. I know, it might be hard to believe that I've not had a glue gun before this. I make crafts all the time, but I've never actually gone for it. I was actually at JoAnn's within the last week or two, looking to make the leap. Now, I'm all set!

Monday was awesome - Christmas came late! It was such a fun reminder of how blessed I am to have such great friends in my life. They know me SO well!!

No comments:

Post a Comment